Setting up an order status
Modified on: Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:10 AM
To set up an order status:
- In the administration panel, go to Administration > Order statuses.
- Create a new order status by clicking the + button or set up the existing one by clicking on its name.
- Specify the following status options:
Name - enter a status name.
E-mail subject - enter some text which will be the subject of the email notification about the order with this status.
E-mail header - enter some text which will be displayed in the email notification about the order with the status.
Color - color to be used
to visually distinguish orders in this status from other orders in the
order list in the administration panel. Either enter an RGB code into
the text field, or click the palette icon to open a palette and pick
Notify customer - activate this check box if you want
to inform the customer about placing the order with this status or
changing the order information.
Notify orders department - activate this check box if you want to inform the store administrator about placing the order with this status.
- The Inventory option allows to manage the stock depending on the order status. If you choose Increase in the select box the product number will not be changed in stock. If you choose Decrease this status will affect the inventory.
Remove CC info - select to remove sensitive credit card info from the database when the order status changes to this status.
- The Pay order again option allows for a customer to pay the order again if it was declined.
NOTE: In order that this option works it is necessary to enable the Allow a customer to pay the order again in case the transaction was declined option in the Settings > General section.
Invoice/Credit memo - chose the condition of the order after receiving this status: Default - the default behavior (an invoice ID is not generated); Invoice - the order has been paid and processed successfully (an invoice ID is generated); Order - the order has been placed, but not paid out; Credit memo - the order has been paid and processed, but then returned (a credit memo ID is generated)
Allow return registration - select to allow customers to request a return if the order has this status.
NOTE: The Allow return registration option is displayed only if the RMA add-on is enabled.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?