To set up the Suppliers add-on:
- In the administration panel, go to Add-ons > Manage add-ons.
- Enable the Suppliers add-on (change its status to Active in the select box on the right).
- Go to Customers > Suppliers.
- Create a new supplier by clicking the + button. Define the supplier's name, contact information and shipping address.
- Open the Products tab and click Add product to choose the supplier's products.
- Open the Shippings tab and select shipping methods available for the supplier.
- If a customer buys a product that is assigned to a supplier, the shipping methods assigned to this supplier will be available only.
- If a customer buys several products from different suppliers, several shipping methods (assigned to the suppliers) will be used in the order. The shipping cost will be summed.
- When an order is placed, a notification about it will be sent to the corresponding supplier's email in order that he could ship the purchased product(s) to a customer.
- In order to hide the supplier name in the customer area the Display product supplier company setting needs to be disabled on the Suppliers add-on settings page.