To set up the Polls add-on:
- In the administration panel, go to Add-ons > Manage add-ons.
- Enable the Polls add-on (change its status to Active in the select box on the right).
- Click on the name of the add-on.
- Enter the desired values in the Votes on page and Answers on page input fields and click the Save button.
To create a poll:
- In the administration panel, go to Website > Content.
- Click the + button on the left and choose Add poll from the drop-down menu.
- Fill information in the General section.
- Open the Poll tab, fill in the desired fields and click the Create button. New tabs will appear.
- Open the Questions tab and click the Add question button on the right.
- Enter the desired question to the Question text field and select the desired option in the Type select box in the opened window.
- Open the Answers tab in the opened window and click the + button on the right to add more rows. Then enter the desired answer variants and click the Create button.
To display a poll:
- In the administration panel, go to Design > Layouts.
- Select the page where the poll will be displayed by clicking on the corresponding link at the top. For example, click on the Homepage link at the top.
- Click the + button in the necessary grid and click Add block. Open the Create New Block tab and click the Polls button. In the opened window specify the name of the block (e.g. New Poll), select Side box in the Template select box and click the Create button
- Click on the gear icon of the created block and select:
- Select the desired wrapper in the Wrapper select box.
- Specify the desired CSS-class in the User-defined CSS-class: input field.
- Open the Content tab and select Manually in the Filling select box.
- Click the Save button.
- Open the Content tab, click on the Add polls button, select the desired poll and click the Add polls and close button.
NOTE: After the block is created or changed, make sure it is displayed correctly. Sometimes not all wrappers are suitable for the blocks.