Setting up the Catalog Mode add-on
Modified on: Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 5:54 PM
The purpose of the Catalog mode add-on is to advertise products.
To set up the Catalog Mode add-on:
- In the administration panel, go to Add-ons > Manage add-ons.
- Install the Catalog mode add-on (click the Install button of the Catalog Mode section).
To allow customers only view products without purchasing them:
- In the administration panel, go to Add-ons > Manage add-ons, click the gear button of the Catalog mode add-on section, and choose Settings.
- Disable the Allow purchasing products with empty Buy Now URL check box.
- Click the Save button.
NOTE: If the Allow purchasing products with empty Buy Now URL: check box is enabled, the administrator will be able to sell products.
To redirect customers to the site of some administrator's partner when a customer decides to purchase a necessary product:
- In the administration panel, go to Products > Products and click on a product name. Open the Add-ons tab.
- Enter an URL in the Buy Now URL input field in the Catalog mode section.
- Click the Save and close button.
NOTE: These products will have the Buy now button instead of the Add to cart
one. So, when customer clicks on it, he/she will be redirected to the
URL that is specified by administrator (e.g. the product detail page of
your partner store).
If the Catalog Mode add-on is enabled, the Buy Together and Gift Certificates add-ons will not be able to work correctly in the catalog mode. So they will be disabled automatically.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?