- In the administration panel, go to Add-ons > Manage add-ons.
- Enable the Access restrictions add-on (change its status to Active in the select box on the right).
- Click on the name of the add-on.
- Select the Allow login to the admin area from specified IPs only check box and click the Save button.
- In the administration panel, go to Add-ons > Access restrictions > Administration panel.
- Click the + button on the left to add IPs.
- Enter the first and the last IP addresses of the interval for which access to the administration panel will be allowed in the IP from and IP to fields.
NOTE: The administrator IP is saved automatically in the Administration panel section.
To specify the IPs:
- On the Access restrictions add-on editing page select the Block IP after a number of unsuccessful attempts check box, if you want to deny any further attempts to log in.
NOTE: The number of possible attempts should be specified below and the attempts have to be made within the period set in the Time between unsuccessful login attempts (seconds) field.
- Define the number of failed attempts after which the user's IP address will be blocked in the Number of unsuccessful attempts field.
- Specify the period within which attempts have to be made in the Time between unsuccessful login attempts (seconds) field.
- Specify the period for which the IP address will be blocked in the Time for which the IP should be blocked (hours) field.
- Click the Save button.
How can we help you today?
Restricting access to your panel using the Access restrictions add-on
Modified on: Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?