The Age verification add-on is created in order to allow the administrator to limit the access to the categories and products by customer age.
To set up the Age verification add-on:
- In the administration panel, go to Add-ons > Manage add-ons and enable the Age verification add-on (change its status to Active in the select box on the right).
NOTE: After that you are able to set up the age access for every category and product.
- Open the Products menu and click on the Categories or Products link.
- Click on the desired category (product) and open the Add-ons tab.
- Fill in the following fields in the Age verification section:
- Age verification - enable it.
- Age limit - the age after which a customer can see the category (product).
- Warning message - the text that a customer will see if his or her age is less than the limit.
- Click the Save button to save the changes.
NOTE: Also the Birthday field is added to the customer profile. If a customer is logged in, his/her age will be automatically read from his/her profile.