New user group for customers
Modified on: Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 10:23 PM
To create a new user group:
- In the administration panel, go to Customers > User groups.
- Click the + button on the left.
- Enter a name of a new user group into the User group input field in the opened window and choose Customer in the Type select box, click the Create button.
- When user groups are defined, you are able to define different product price levels for different user groups. Also there is ability to set up different shipping methods (on the Shipping methods page), payment methods (on the Payment methods page) and discounts (on the discount details page) for different user groups.
NOTE: A customer will see prices of the corresponding
user group only if he is logged in and his user group is the same as
the one set for the product.
To sign up a user to the created user group:
- In the administration panel, go to Customers > Users. Click on the desired username to open his profile.
- Open the User groups tab and set the Active status for the created user group.
- Click the Save button.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?