- In the administration panel, go to Settings > Shipping settings.
- Clear the Disable shipping check box (if it is selected), select the Enable FedEx check box, then click the Save button to save the changes.
- In the administration panel, go to Administration > Shipping & Taxes > Shipping methods.
- Create a shipping method or choose the existent one.
- Click on the name of a shipping method to modify it.
- Select Realtime in the Rate calculation field, select FedEx 2nd day in the Shipping service field.
- Open the Configure tab.
- Fill your FedEx credentials in the Authentication key, Authentication password, Account number and Meter number fields. For testing purposes select the Your packaging value in Package type, the Regular pickup value in Drop Off Type and enter 10 in each Width (inches), Height (inches) and Length (inches) fields. Click the Save button to save the changes.
NOTE: Only some specific requests for retrieving shipping costs work properly if the Test mode option is enabled.
- Open the General tab, enter the desired value into the Weight (lbs) input field and click on the Test link next to the Shipping service field to make a test calculation of shipping charges.
NOTE: Use real recipient and sender addresses for testing (FedEx uses address verification system).
Sender address = company address, that you are able to edit on the Settings: Company page in your administration panel.
Recipient address = customer shipping address. In case of testing shipping charges in the administration panel the address defined under the Default location section on the Settings: General page is used as a customer address.
- Open the Shipping charges tab and define shipping charges which will be added to the ones returned by real-time shipping service if it is needed. Click the Save button to save the changes.
How can we help you today?
Setting up Merchium with FedEx
Modified on: Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?