Setting up the Buy in advance feature
Modified on: Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:19 AM
To set up the Buy in advance feature:
- In the administration panel, go to Products > Products.
- Click on the desired product link to open its details page.
- Enter 0 into the In stock input field in the Pricing/Inventory section if you do not want to allow the customers to buy this product, otherwise enter a non-zero value.
- Select the available date in the Avail since input field (click on the Calendar image next to it) in the Availability section.
- Select Buy in advance in the Out of stock actions select box in the Availability section.
- Click the Save button.
After making these changes if 0 is entered into the In stock input field, on the product details page in the storefront you will see the following text: "This product can't be added to cart now. It will be available on [the date you entered at step 4]" and the Add to cart button will be hidden. Otherwise, if a non-zero value is entered, you will see: "This product will be available on [the date you entered at step 4]" and the Add to cart button will be displayed.
NOTE: If the Buy in advance option is not specified and the Avail since input field is filled out, the Add to cart button will be hidden even if this product is in stock.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?