Start a new topic

Blog (Read More & Categories)

Greetings again :)

Ok, I'm playing with the blog... I search everywhere but I can not find how I control the Read More button.

At the moment my first article is showing on the Company News page (I changed to this name from Blog name). When I land on it I see the whole article and at the bottom is Read More but there is nothing else to read.

I would like to be able to show a small paragraph then click Read More to visit the complete article page. I must be missing something simple here, sorry to have to ask!

Categories 
How do I add Categories, for example, "General News" "Company Performance" New Products etc.
Thank you
Chris

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting us.

> Ok, I'm playing with the blog... I search everywhere but I can not find how I control the Read More button.
> At the moment my first article is showing on the Company News page (I changed to this name from Blog name). When I land on it I see the whole article and at the bottom is Read More but there is nothing else to read.
> I would like to be able to show a small paragraph then click Read More to visit the complete article page. I must be missing something simple here, sorry to have to ask!

Use the <!--CUT--> tag (switch to the source code to insert it) to hide part of the post. Only the part above the tag is shown in the list of all posts. Also, make sure you closed all HTML tags above the <!--CUT--> tag. For example, we added it in your post, please check the screen shots attached.

> How do I add Categories, for example, "General News" "Company Performance" New Products etc.

As far as we understand, you want to split your blog posts into several categories. In order to do it, create these categories as blog pages using the + Add blog post button. After that create posts, related to these categories and use the Parent page select box on the post settings page to create a hierarchical structure. Note that one of the pages (which opens when you click on the Company News link) should be the root one for the others. Please have a look at the screen shot attached of such structure.

Please feel free to contact us if you are in need of further assistance.

Thank you.

Mariya, I am feeling humble, more great support and going the extra mile too with the examples, screenshot and adjustment. I've said it before and I will say it again: AMAZING!

I'm looking forward to announcing our website in the commencing weeks and I would love to send you a testimonial with my go large approval for Merchium, and if your team wishes, perhaps use to help win more business too.

We are loving the look and feel of our new website and your extra support is outstanding. I knew a little, and my knowledge is growing with your help.

Big thanks again to you and your team
Chris
http://www.store.anymal.co.uk (in case anyone on this forum would like to have a look)

Chris, we are glad to help you. Thank you for such kind words. We wish you prosperity and successful business.

Have a good day.

Login or Signup to post a comment