Start a new topic

Creating/Saving a temporary design

Good morning, I have some thoughts for a different look and feel for my Merchium site. Is it possible to save my current design, create something that looks different (blocks included) and if I change my mind, I can revert to the one I have set up now?

Thank you
Chris

Dear Chris, 

Thank you for the request. 

Yes, it is possible to implement this feature. Below you can find steps how to realize this opportunity: 

1. If you wish to make design changes via CSS, we recommend you to use Visual Editor: in the administration panel, go to Design > Themes. сhoose the desired layout for the currently used theme and click the Visual editor button near its name. In the Customize section, select the Custom CSS variant. Add your custom CSS rules, if you do not need them in the future, you can remove easily them without any issues. 

2. Before making changes in blocks, you can back up your current layout first. If you experience any issues, you will be able to restore the default layout: go to Design > Layouts, click on the gear icon and then Export layout link. Select the necessary layout pages for the export and click the Export button. So if you need to restore the exported layout, you will need to click the gear icon on the Layouts page and then Import layout link. 

Hope this information will help you. 

Thank you.

Wonderful - Thank you :-)

You are welcome! Have a nice day!

Unrelated, but do you know why my category links in the header go bold when the banner slide moves to the next image? It's like it flashes.
Thanks
Chris

Dear Chris,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, I have failed to reproduce this problem on your site using Google Chrome browser. Could you attach a screen cast in order that we can examine the issue carefully?

Thank you.

Hi Anastasiya, turns out it happens only in Safari. I am using Version 8.0.7 (10600.7.12)

I've attached a screen cast.

Thanks for your help
Chris 

Dear Chris, 

Thank you for the provided attachment.

We have managed to reproduce the issue. We are examining it and will contact you as soon as we get any result.

Thank you for your patience.

Dear Chris,

We have examined this situation. It is caused by a bug in the Asparagus theme. We have informed our product development team about this issue. It will be fixed in one of the future Merchium releases.

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment