Start a new topic

Banner (Edge-to-Edge)

Hi, is it possible to expand the width of the banner to fit edge to edge? Or at least expand beyond 1200 pixels say to 1600 but retain the main body width of the website with content at 1200pixels?

Thank you
Chris

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your request.

I am afraid, there is no such an ability to expand the width of the banner in Merchium according to your needs. I apologize for the possible inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any help in the future.

Thank you.

That's a shame but thank you for your swift reply Anastasiya.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for the reply.

I am glad to inform you that I have found a workaround solution for you. The solution is to add a banner block to the Grid 16 section and other blocks on the home page to another grid section, for example Grid 14 or 12. In this case the banner will be expanded visually. Most possibly, this solution will suit your needs.

Thank you.

Hi Anastasiya and thank you for giving some thought to a solution. I can see where you're going with this, had some reservations, tried it and on this occasion the result is not ideal.

Good try though :)
Thanks again
Chris

Dear Chris,

Thank you for the feedback.

We can provide you with another solution on the issue, however it is quite time-consuming. General scheme is that you set up the general layout width as full width and for each grid that should not be of full width, you should specify the user-defined CSS-class  Here are the instructions:

1. In the store administration panel go to Design > Layouts and set up the full width for your layout in the layout settings.

2. Open the Custom CSS section of the visual editor and the following code there:

.fixed-width-use {
    width: 500px;
}

where 500px is the width of the content that is not stretched out.

3. Go to Design > Layouts and add the fixed-width-use class to the User-defined CSS-class field in the settings of each grid that should not be of full-width. Please note that it should be added to each grid on all layout pages.

Thank you.

Wow Mariya, thank you.
When I get a couple of hours pure quiet time next week I will definitely give this a go.
Brilliant
Chris

Dear Chris,

You are welcome. Please contact us if you have any questions. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment