Start a new topic

Postcode Delivery Checker

Hi, we have just realised an important feature requirement.

We offer free UK delivery on orders over £29. However....

1. We wish to exclude certain bulky items (low margin, high courier cost) and apply specific delivery charges. Is this possible and how?     Also...
  2. Within a 20 mile radius of our location, all our products are delivered free (£0 minimum order). Can we enable a postcode solution in the admin Panel to reflect this? So if a customer orders and delivery is in Postcode MK18, checkout will not add a delivery charge. Hoping this is possible, how?
Many thanks for your support.
Chris

Dear Chris,

Thank you for the request.

> We wish to exclude certain bulky items (low margin, high courier cost) and apply specific delivery charges. Is this possible and how?     Also...

If there are certain products of such type, we recommend you to use the Shipping freight option. You can specify it in the Shipping properties tab on the product details page. This sum will be added to the total shipping cost calculated for the order.

> Within a 20 mile radius of our location, all our products are delivered free (£0 minimum order). Can we enable a postcode solution in the admin Panel to reflect this? So if a customer orders and delivery is in Postcode MK18, checkout will not add a delivery charge. Hoping this is possible, how?

If the rates are set up manually for the shipping method, please create a location for this region. You can specify the Zip/Postal codes and/or cities to define the region. After that, please add the rates for the region in the settings of the shipping method.

Please check it and let us know the result.

Thank you.

Thank you Mariya, so fast to reply, love it :)
Ok, I'm not sure I understand how to achieve the desired result but I will play around knowing your reply suggests it can be done.
Thanks
Chris

Dear Chris,

You are welcome. We are happy to assist you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment