Start a new topic

urgent issues that need to be resolved with email and paypal and fast checkout

Hi 

finally  made the merchium based website live today 

had these problems so far that could not find a fix for 

1  email  php function stopped working on website for order status changes or new orders

if send email via contact us page will work fine 

but if new order is made  or an existing status is changed no email is being sent from the merchium server to client or shop admin email

2  Fast checkout for paypal has following problem 

• no email sent with order info 
  • no options showing in email received from paypal about payment info  so cant tell what has been ordered directly from paypal email and need to look at email invoice to know options selected as shows only product added to cart without options or need to login to shopping cart 
  • no email is being sent as php fucntion for new orders seems to not work on new orders and status change 
  • Had not enabled Auto return url for paypal in settings and added that also now and see if makes any diffrence in showing orders made using fast checkout 
  • note the email from paypal has order id gernated for order but cant see that order in the dashbaord or orders page and even if you search for the order number no sign

A different problem also is on dashboard

here shows last few orders that came in   but not orders imported in 
when click on status in  dashboard only shows handful of order that are on dashboard page  and not filtering through all orders in website from this page

when i first seen this thought is was improvement but bit working good for now as function seems unfinished

so now if users want to see his order or filter by status they need to click  on  
Orders  then  view orders and then  advanced search and then  select filter to see orders for that 

that's 4 more clicks now to do what user should be doing in dashboard page i think.

1  other issue   having is on  view order page  
imported some orders from old cart and the order number imported in wrong 
i checked csv files and all is ok  in that 
so now some  orders numbers are mixed up  by  date and order number 
if i click on  date  in  view order page then they show in right order

i will delete and retry shortly but im sure some issue with it please check out 

looking forward to a solution  
thanks

Buta

Dear Buta,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are sorry to hear that you experience these problems.

> 1  email  php function stopped working on website for order status changes or new orders

> if send email via contact us page will work fine 

> but if new order is made  or an existing status is changed no email is being sent from the merchium server to client or shop admin email

We have changed the Order department e-mail address to ours, created a manual payment method for testing purposes and placed an order in your store. We got two email notifications about the order - as a customer and as your store administrator. We had no problems with it at all. Please check it once again and check the Spam folder in your email account.

> 2  Fast checkout for paypal has following problem 

> no email sent with order info 
> login to shopping cart 
> no email is being sent as php fucntion for new orders seems to not work on new orders and status change  Had not enabled Auto return url for paypal in settings and added that also now and see if makes any diffrence in showing orders made using fast > > checkout  note the email from paypal has order id gernated for order but cant see that order in the dashbaord or orders page and even if you search for the order number no sign

We created test PayPal Express Checkout payment method in your admin panel and placed an order using this payment method. We were able to get  all the email notifications properly for this order.

Please note that Auto Return for Website Payments setting should be disabled in your PayPal account.

If the order was not completed, for example, a customer did not return to your store after processing an order on PayPal website, this order gets the Incomplete status.

Incomplete orders are not shown on the general Orders > View orders page. In order to see them in your administration panel, please take the following steps:

1. In your administration panel, go to Orders > View orders.

2. Under the search field you will see the gear icon. Click on it and select Incomplete orders from the list. After that the page with Incomplete orders should be shown.

We will contact you regarding your other questions at the first opportunity.

Thank you.

Hello!

Thank you for your time and patience. We apologize for the delay in answering.

> here shows last few orders that came in   but not orders imported in 

Please let us know how the orders were imported. Please note that we do not recommend to import orders via CSV-file as it can cause a mess in links between orders and corresponding users. 

> when click on status in  dashboard only shows handful of order that are on dashboard page  and not filtering through all orders in website from this page

> when i first seen this thought is was improvement but bit working good for now as function seems unfinished

> so now if users want to see his order or filter by status they need to click  on  

> Orders  then  view orders and then  advanced search and then  select filter to see orders for that 

> that's 4 more clicks now to do what user should be doing in dashboard page i think.

It is default behavior that on the Orders > View orders page all orders are presented without any filter. If you wish to filter the orders, please use the Advanced search form.

As regards the dashboard statistics, please note that it shows the data for the period selected here:

Please select the period to change the statistics.

> 1  other issue   having is on  view order page  

> imported some orders from old cart and the order number imported in wrong 

> i checked csv files and all is ok  in that 

> so now some  orders numbers are mixed up  by  date and order number 

> if i click on  date  in  view order page then they show in right order

> i will delete and retry shortly but im sure some issue with it please check out 

We do not recommend to import orders via the CSV-files. it can cause a mess in links between orders and corresponding users. So we recommend you to remove such orders from the store.

As regards the order ID's, it is normal behavior that the order ID's have changed as import does not transfer them as is, it adapts the orders to the order numeration exist in the store. I am afraid that there is no way to change this behavior.

We hope that this information sheds light on the situation occurred.

Also, I should point out that we have forwarded the issue with Incomplete orders with PayPal Express Checkout to our engineers. We will contact you in this topic as soon as we get any result from them.

Thank you.

Dear Buta.

Thank you for your patience.

We are glad to inform you that the bug with PayPal Express Checkout was fixed in the latest Merchium release. We placed an order using our test account and failed to reproduce the issue (please have a look at the screen shot attached). After that we deleted the order. Please check it.

Thank you.

hi 

sorry for late reply 

thanks for the update

however some notes 

the tester left the express payapl detials for cs cart in the cart undeleted

this is not good for your security 

on send note the user  left  the testing payment option  active and had confused some clients that they see 2 paypal buttons and not sure which to click 

avoid these problems for future testing and testers

thanks for cancel my monthly payment for the server

after payment cancellation i got email to use some addon to help promote cs cart

however no such app can be downloaded for this online edition merchium  so you need to update that so users on merchium can taker advantage of reselling merchium faster and sooner

on the other note  i need to confirm which changes were made to the profile fields 

as i had to change some today  and might have messed up the paypal payments agian 

the reason changed them was some users made orders and only popluated the email  address and no other info was sent and i though this was the reason 

please check Order #34491 and will see that no info other than email address came to the cart and order was let through without the user name and address info 

thanks 

Hello!

Thank you for your criticism and suggestions. We will take it into account and do our best to prevent such situations in the future.

We have checked your settings and they were set up properly. The operation of the PayPal Express Checkout payment on our test store worked correctly as well. All the data was sent and customer's data was filled in. 

Can we make a test order on your site in order to check the work of the PayPal Express Checkout method carefully?

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment