Start a new topic

Just how does a customer leave a testimonial ?

I set up a customer and had him make a purchase using

bank deposit as a payment method.

I marked the order 'complete' via admin.

While logged is as the customer I can't see how to

leave a testimonial.

Thank you for the request.

In order to enable customers to leave a product review for the particular product, the Reviews option should be enabled on the product details page. In order to enable it, please take the following steps:

1. In the store administration panel, go to Products > Products.

2. Click on the name of the particular product.

3. Open the Add-ons tab.

3. Select the desired variant from the Reviews list.

4. Click Save.

After that your customers will be able to post their comments on the product on the product detailed page.

If you mean the testimonials for the store, please check the instructions from the following article:

http://help.merchium.com/support/solutions/articles/1000041261-creating-and-editing-testimonials

If you have any questions left, please let us know.

Thank you.

Thanks Mariya.

Set up a block and configured the product but after my test customer

bought another product and the order was marked 'Complete', the customer's

testimonials aren't getting through. I can create testimonials via admin but the

customer's own testimonials are 'disappearing'.

My fourth 'customer' attempt went through fine.

I have block set to display 'one' testimonial with a 'more' link.

Clicking 'more' makes the other testimonials visible on the lower page

but the top of page also displays multiple testimonials.

This 'quirk' has now gone . There was some dysfunction and a pretty 

and colourful 'Sorry we are down' sign appeared, so maybe this was causing

the temporary problem.

Thank you for the reply.

The block demonstrates only some testimonials. The number of posts to show depends on the block configuration on the Design > Layouts page. In order to see the full list, please click on the More link in the testimonials block:

When the visitors click on the link, they are redirected to the page where the full list of testimonials are presented. At the end of the list there will be the New post button that allows your visitors to add their own testimonials. Please check it.

Also I would like to note that in your case all visitors' testimonials should be approved first by the store administrator on the Website > Testimonials page of your store administration panel. In order to show the procedure I added a test post using the testimonials form. Now it should be approved by the store administrator and after that it will appear in the storefront. 

I hope you will find the information useful.

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply. 

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved at the moment. I am afraid that I failed to reproduce the mentioned error in the store. If it is reproduced again, please let us know so that we could examine it in more detail. 

Thank you.

Problem persisting over 2 browsers ( chrome and IE ).

ALL testimonials appearing at top of page.

Block setting is for one only.

Thank you for the reply.

We cleared the cache of the store using the Administration > Storage > Clear cache link in the store administration panel. As far as I see, the issue is resolved now. Please check it.

Thank you.

Administration > Storage > Clear cache

Been using 3.0.6 for too long...lol

Yes...all fine now thank you.

Thank you for the reply. We are glad to hear that it works fine now. You are welcome.

Login or Signup to post a comment